Sunday, October 05, 2008

Backblog: A bientot, Gnoudesavanes!

Gnoudesavanes had to return to France after 4.5 months of bad English-speaking, bad PCR-doing, bad Australian food-eating, bad Australian driver-dodging agony (his words, not mine). Oh diddums. Although I have complained that il est un très mauvais prof de français , he's always been up for a party so we decided to go out the way we conducted the rest of our language exchanges - with a blaze of alcohol.

We decided that the weekend before his departure, we were going to get him absolutely smashed as he said he felt he had not been drunk his entire time in Melb. I decided that was just wrong and I was up to the challenge. Being young, he spent the week prior to this to brag about what a great drinker he was and he was going to destroy me. Clearly the kid didn't know who he was drinking with. So on the same night that the Hawks pulled a surprise victory over the Cats in the AFL Grand Final, I took up the challenge. There there many other drunks on the street. It was highly entertaining.

Here are some pics from the cosy bar we camped in.


I am pleased to say that for all his posturing, after a jug of beer, 1/2 a bottle of red, 1 white russians 2 absinthes (for him) and two G&Ts, the other half of the red, and 2 absinthes (for me), I was the one who was coherent. Yes, victory is sweet.

A rematch is scheduled for 2010. Let the training commence!

No comments: