Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hat Season :D

There are things I don't miss from the fashion of ye olden days. Corsets are one. Sure, it looks elegant but I don't like the idea of squishing my internal organs given that I know what they do. And since I'm of that background, I don't miss the idea of foot-binding. Using lead makeup is another. Putting atropine/belladonna in my eyes...the list goes on. One thing I do miss is the wearing of hats.

I love me a good hat and I love it when horseracing season descends upon the city every year when I can indulge in getting myself a new one. One that I'll probably wear only once, maybe twice, but one I get to wear nonetheless!


I haven't bought this year's hat yet, but I did find one that I really LOVED. Dancinghula loved it too and took a pic of me in it.

Oooh, isn't it so My Fair Lady-ish?

So what's my objection to purchasing this hat? Well, perhaps the fact it comes in $AUD700 (approx $US469, 366 euros, or 290 quid). That's like my fortnightly income. And while I know I can chuck it on the credit card....I will resist. I really am crying on the inside.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really like hats too, and I love the hat your wearing, shame it costs so much though. Thanks for doing the conversions too. I also really like your dress. It's gorgeous :D

Vanilla Bear said...

Aw Callie... you're too cute in the hat! I am not a hat person at all, I look ridic! Do you actually go to the race then?

Unknown said...

Ooohh - are you going to Melbourne Cup?
$700 is way over-priced for a hat.
Add a little bit and you'll get a pair of Louboutins ;)

mallymoodle said...

Steph - Thanks! I thought the conversions would come in handy now that I know I have an international audience :P

Lu - Maybe you haven't found the right hat yet! And I will be going to one race day.

Blue - I'll be going to Oaks - I have to work on Cup Day :(

Anonymous said...

Love that dress Mally. You look HOT!