Sunday, October 05, 2008

Backblog: Omar, Cam & Dr. Nance's (in absentia) birthday dinner

To celebrate the triple birthday, we decided to go out and eat at a place that received one hat in this year's Good Food Guide, Oyster Lt Bourke. And it sure was a nice environment in there - muted conversation, soft lighting, nice cutlery...what wasn't to like?

Clint and Rachie listen intently to someone

Silly Natty with bonus Ladiesman_217

Me holding up the nice laguiole knife that Ladiesman_217 found cut his lamb so smoothly

That's some intent menu analysis going on there

Now I'm actually allergic to oysters so I was unable to savour some of the restaurant's specialty items, but luckily that's not the only thing they serve there! There was some intense head shuffling while I decided on my entree but I believe I made the right choice.

The oysters that I couldn't eat

The half a dozen scallops that I could!
Silly Natty and
Ladiesman_217 thought these were better than the oysters!! Hehehe

My pork belly. The sides of coleslaw and poached nashi were especially tasty.

The triple dessert threat - in order of tastiness rank

The *Maxibon* parfait

The banana and date pudding

The lemon crepes with meringue

Yes, I was a well fed girl that night, and happy birthday again to all the celebrants!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics. Pity I missed out!