Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grand Empress!

There was much merry-making as we celebrated not only the Grand Empress' passing of another year but also the reception of her visa so that she may now return to Old Blighty.

The night kicked off with drinks at Martini Bar. I myself did not have a martini - I had something called Glinda the Good Witch, named in honour of Wicked which was playing at the theatre next door.

Two happy drinkers

For dins and entertainment, we went to Manchester Lane Jazz Club. While the service was a little bit slow, the food and band more than made up for it!

Our pot of bread. It was still warm!

My entree of flame grilled scallops. That fennel salad was really nice too :D

Searnsy's entree of fried calamari salad. I ate a bit of it - we think he's on a diet.

My main of gnocchi served with wild mushroom fricassee and truffle oil. Mmmmm, truffles...

Despite being absolutely stuffed (I ate some of Searnsy's main as well), I made the surpreme effort to eat dessert - Saffron raspberry mousse. That mint ice-cream was mighty tasty too!

The Grand Empress with her mousse complete with celebratory sparklers!

The Grand Empress eats her other birthday cake - a mud cupcake

The band - they did RnB and motown classics!!! It was awesome-a-power.

Alas, I was feeling burnt out from a variety of things and I couldn't kick on afterwards. :'(
You know that warm feeling you have when you're really tired but you're forcing yourself to stay awake? I had that :( But Happy Birthday Grand Empress and have a good trip and another awesome party back in London!

1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

I still can't get over all the posh places you go to eat!

Do people ever think you're strange for taking pictures of your food btw? :P