Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Comfort Food - Breadtop Twin Sausage Bread

You know when there are times when you're feeling kinda hungry but don't want to pig out so you look for something that will satisfy on various levels but keep you wanting more? This happened to me today as I was leaving uni with dancinghula. I just started to feel hungry. Not hungry or HUNGRY, just hungry. There was some gut-gurgling but not enough to justify stopping for a bowl of noodles before heading home to eat another dinner. In times like these, what I go for is Twin Sausage Bread.

(Okay, when I'm in a more healthy frame of mind, I'm actually more likely to go for some sushi handrolls but they don't inspire me to write. Yet.)

Twin Sausage Bread in their display case (Source - yes, someone else loves them too)
But what is Twin Sausage Bread? It's two individual cocktail weenies wrapped in sweet Asian bread. See that cheese bit in the middle? That glues the two buns together. It's like your daily intake of carbs and sugar and nitrates and happy in one fell swoop.

But the really great thing about them is the *twin* element. In theory, you could tear them apart and eat one now, eat one later. Or you can tear them apart and share it with a *wuvved* one. Of course, a real loved one would just give me the whole thing. But the thought is there. And that is what makes Twin Sausage Bread great. I stood at the bus stop happily munching on one half and then the other, not even remotely annoyed that I missed by bus by going to get the bread. Comforting it is, on so many levels.

Peace out.

4 comments:

Flaneur said...

Haha good point! Definitely a way to test his 'love'.

Vanilla Bear said...

Haha and we all know you're more than used to enjoying double chorizo! ;)

Anonymous said...

*shakes head @ lucy*
Speaking of chorizo - mallymoodle -could you recommend where to get a good sangria / tapas in Melbourne, please?

KH said...

omg twin sausage bread... awesome...