Saturday, December 21, 2013

A day with Rachie (and food)

I have really, really, really craved good Japanese food while in Munich. Good thing RachiePoo and I went to Sushi Hotaru to catch up and eat!
Mmmm, soft-shell crab hand roll. 

When I tell people in Munich that I'll eat almost anything, I'm never quite sure if they believe. So for your delectation/disgust, here is a photo of the raw prawn nigiri that I ate.

The damage. Not that impressive when you consider it was the combo of me and Rachie. On the other hand, I did swing by ACB beforehand and for some reason, they fed me a lot of sliced meat and roast chicken.

As our intention was to catch up with each other, Rachie and I ended up strolling around and, as always, we ended up at NGVAustralia where a number of interesting exhibits were on display.
My favourite of which were the pieces from the Hotham St. Ladies in which they created domestic scenes out of pieces of cake frosting.

Seriously, here's a close up of the above sign.

It actually took us a while to figure out that it was icing. In this lounge room, icing pieces included the couch throw, rug, pizza box, chair cushions, wallpaper... 

Ka-POW!!!

Since the gallery closes at 5pm, we headed out to get a drink at a rooftop bar but the weather had changed and it was pretty gusty and cold.
So we retreated to the Sofitel as usual. This is actually a mocktail!

Also knowing that I've craved dumplings while in Germany, dinner was booked at Hutong Dumpling.
My love/happy face for the many dumplings to be had!

Mmmmm, classics. 

Susi has a friend who actually worked at the Melbourne Hofbrauhaus! This photo is for them!

Now, I was actually pretty full after all that eating, but during dinner it was discussed and decided that we all (Clinty, Omar and Pooey joined us at Hutong) would take SECOND DINNER at Huxtaburger because I had never been there.  
Front - my Rudy (the small one). Rear - Pooey's Bill. I'm glad I got the small burger because delicious as it was, I was so damn full. Despite all that, Pooey and I still got bubble tea before leaving the city!

Then I went home and collapsed into a food coma. 

No comments: