Saturday, December 14, 2013

SantaCon 2013

In November, Ruben invited us Deutschakademie folk to SantaCon 2013. In Munich, this involved getting dressed up in a Santa costume, meeting up at Marienplatz and going on a Christkindlmartk crawl to drink gluehwein. I then told some of the gals from work and we all agreed that it would be a fun thing to dp. Except then Ruben got stinking drunk the night before the event and piked. And then we were also late and couldn't find the other santii. Oh well!

Caro, me and Carola at Odeonsplatz. Yes, it was a bit cold to be dressed as a slutty santa but it was the costume I had.

Me and a rescue dog get to know each other.

Hark! Does rescue dog need to be a hero?!

Nonetheless, we spent a few cold but cheerful hours strolling from Marienplatz to Wittelsbacherplatz for the Mittelalterlicher Christkindlmarkt, to the Residenz. Eventually, we had to accept that warm alcohol wasn't actually doing much to keep us warm and we retreated indoors to CADU.
Ele and I spread some Christmas cheer.

Ho ho ho!
This is my last Munich outing for now. I fly to Singapore and Australia for Christmas!

No comments: