Thursday, December 05, 2013

Market time!!!

Longtime readers and personal buddies will know that I'm pretty ambivalent about Xmas. This has slightly changed since I moved to Munich. It's got nothing to do with the presents or whatnot though - it's all about the markets! Stuff Christmas time, it's Market time! And Market time means Market food time. Pooey is also a great lover of Xmas market food and requested that I eat some wurst and langos for her by proxy. I could not refuse such a request and headed out.
The Xmas tree at Marienplatz. Always a good place to start. Alas, no langos and no wurst that I particularly felt like eating.

I then headed down Sendlingerstr. to breath in all the cheesy and pretty decorations.

At Sendlinger Tor was a stall that sold Regensburger sausages with the traditional trimmings - horseradish (meerettich), sweet mustard, and gherkins. SOLD!

Alas, there were no langos to be sold along this path. Never fear though - I know langos are definitely sold at Tollwood and there are still a few days to go before I fly out to Australia!

No comments: