Monday, December 23, 2013

Wedding!

On the eve of our Great European Adventure 2007, Lydia and Dan got together as a couple. Probably not the most auspicious of timing given that she was going to be away for I think 3 months, but it all worked out fine and absence made the heart grow fonder. Their hearts grew so fond that many holidays including an 18-month stint in Europe later, a perfectly co-ordinated wedding was held to unite them :D.  

The occasion was held at the beautiful grounds of the Stones Winery in the Yarra Valley. So verdant, so fragrant and warm, so reminding Northern Hemisphere people such as Amandine and myself of the dual joys of hayfever and flies. So many flies...
Lovely bridesmaids making their way across the lawn.

The service. I have no photo of Lydia making her way across the lawn - I am no match for auntie-power.

Knowing that Dan is a bit of a green thumb (understatement of the year for people who know him :D), I was looking forward to what kind of plants would be used to decorate the reception area. I wasn't disappointed
Great contrast of the white hydrangeas, dahlias and lisianthus with the soft greens!

Which of course made wonderful frame for this photo of me and Amandine. 

In addition to being excellent travellers, gardeners, and planner/co-ordinators, Dan and Lydia are also well known as foodies. I'll admit it. I was too busy eating my entree of lamb and my main of pork belly to photograph it. Take my word for it - it was wonderful. What was also wonderful was the wedding cake...
For which they decided to be iconoclasts and had a VICTORIA SPONGE!!! So light, so fluffy, so perfectly summery and appropriate. 

And as if to crown the stylish and well co-ordinated nature of everything, the day ended with this beautiful sunset. 

So yes, I tip my hat to an incredible wedding, a wonderful couple, and fantastic friends. Thank you very much for all the great times we have together - may there be many more!



No comments: