Thursday, December 19, 2013

Back in Melbourne, back to eating

About a month before leaving for Melbs, Pooey pointed out that there would be many places I needed to eat, and many people who would want to catch up with me (while eating). Due to this, we decided to set up a googlecalendar to keep track of with whom I would be eating and where. The first place on my list was Roast Duck Inn (Boxy) with our family. Because if we didn't book them in, who knows when I would be seeing my parents!

Roast Duck Inn serves South China/Hong Kong type cuisine. I've never been here before but I've got to say that I was definitely satisfied by what we had. 
Braised beef brisket and tendons. Yep, family totally indulging my food cravings :D

Salty-egg yolk fried prawns. I crave seafood.

And the reason we came! Roast duck! So succulent, juicy and tender. Even the family said they were pretty damn good. It wasn't until we were eating that we realised we were supposed to be eating the peking duck (with pancakes). Doesn't matter - it's not as though we weren't satisfied!

Also eaten but not pictured - chinese broccoli (gailan) with oyster sauce!

No comments: