Sunday, December 01, 2013

Xmas baking

Baking cookies for Christmas is a serious thing here. I've got different colleagues who bang on the first of December, walk into the lab kitchen with a box full of lots of different types of biscuits aka, plätzchen. This year I was asked if I wanted to join in on the baking fun. My reply was a resounding yes! On the baking day, it was decided that we would make just 4 different types. Believe it or not, making these took pretty much 6 hours. I'd really hate to know how long it takes a colleague to make 10 types.   
We made them in a variety of festive shapes!

We also made some that were jam-filled!

And here I am melting the chocolate for some chocolate ones!

However, since it took the entire day to bake these different types of cookies, I'd spent the time in between testing things here and there. This meant that by the end of the day, I was all sugared out and didn't want any more.  

No comments: