Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sydney - day 3

We come now to the end of this epic Sydney/eating trip, and we really saved the best for last - FISH MARKET TIME!!! Spu had never been here before at all and two more of Pooey's friends, Addy and Ben joined us.
We scored three tables right in the middle as well. I was so excited, I couldn't close my mouth.

While Ma guarded the tables from rampaging hoards of Asians, I took photos of animals that I really miss in Munich.

Like these live mud crabs.

Or these abalone which are as big as Pooey's hands

And as big as my face!

And these dead salmon.

And their heads and spines which make great soup stock.

But me and Spu would like to give them and their tuna and kingfish friends a double thumbs up for donating their fillets to our sashimi meal!

Titti Fritti!!!

Chili scallops. Also useful plates!

Grilled fish and chips!

But these dishes were all just entree for what we'd all come here for...
LOBSTER NOODLES!!!

While we were eating this (remember, smack bang in the middle of the market so EVERYONE could see us), four different people came up to our table and asked us..."Where did you buy that?!" which we then told them that they had to go to stall, buy the lobster first, and then tell them how you wanted it cooked. They should have paid us to sit there and eat it or at least given it to us for free for all the business and envious glances we got! The funniest thing though was that a woman, eyeing our lobster and estimating that we'd be done soon with the bulk of the body gone, decided to try and unobtrusively stand and wait for us to vacate our tables of honour. She estimated wrong, thinking that we wouldn't crack open the legs as well, and ended up waiting something like 20 minutes :D

And so we come to the end of an epic 48 hours in Sydney. I ate my fill and I hope it will satisfy me for the next year (although I know it won't in reality).

No comments: